Italy, France 2019
Geppetto, an old woodcarver, creates a puppet. But something magical happens – the cheeky puppet begins to talk and can walk, run and eat like any young boy. Geppetto calls him Pinocchio, and brings him up as his son.
But Pinocchio finds it hard to be good. Easily led astray, he tumbles from one misadventure to another as he is tricked, kidnapped and chased by bandits through a fantastical world full of imaginative creatures – from the belly of a giant fish, to the land of toys and the field of miracles. His loyal friend, the Fairy with the Turquoise Hair, tries to make him see that his dream — to become a real boy — can never come true until Pinocchio finally changes his ways.
- Director: Matteo Garrone
- Producer: Matteo Garrone, Jean Labadie, Anne-Laure Labadie, Jeremy Thomas, Paolo Del Brocco
- Screenwriter: Matteo Garrone, Massimo Ceccherini
- Director of photography: Nicolai Brüel
- Main Cast: Roberto Benigni (Geppetto), Federico Ielapi (Pinocchio)
- Editor (Cut): Marco Spoletini
- Sound Design: Stefano Grosso, Daniela Bassani
- Original Score: Dario Marianelli
- Production Design: Dimitri Capuani
- VFX Supervisor: Massimo Cipollina
- Costume Design: Massimo Cantini Parrini
- Makeup: Dalia Colli, Francesco Pegoretti