Playing with hobbyhorses is a traditional children’s activity, but today’s Finnish teenagers have created a versatile hobby around it, raising the scene to a whole new level. The hobbyists’ are unofficially organised, working on a voluntary basis.
On the one hand they are active online with their Instagram accounts, blogs and forums while on the other they practise the sport by exercising outdoors in woods and parks - and they are serious. They are an ever-growing group that trains determinedly and organises nationwide competitions. Every handcrafted hobbyhorse has its own name and personality. The age range of hobbyists’ is continuously expanding with the eldest now over 20 years old. The hobbyhorse fever is now spreading abroad as well.
- Director: Selma Vilhunen
- Producer: Venla Hellstedt, Elli Toivoniemi
- Screenwriter: Selma Vilhunen, Okku Nuutilainen
- Director of photography: Sari Aaltonen, Selma Vilhunen
- Main Cast: Mariam “Aisku” Njie, Elsa Salo, Alisa Aarniomäki
- Editor (Cut): Okku Nuutilainen
- Sound Design: Christoffer Demby